How Does the 2019 Nissan LEAF Stack Up?Compare the 2019 Nissan LEAF's specs to Competitors
California State HOV Sticker Program
As of January 1, 2019:
- Yellow, Green and White stickers are now expired
- RED stickers were introduced in 2018 and will be valid until January 1st 2022
- PURPLE stickers were introduced this year and are valid until January 1st 2023
- A new color sticker will be introduced each year
- Owners can apply for a new HOV-lane-access sticker
- Stickers cost $22
*Used qualified vehicles can qualify for the new stickers too, but only if they NEVER previously been registered in the Clean Air-Decal Program.
Federal Tax CreditIf you've purchased a Nissan LEAF, a Federal Income Tax Credit is available up to $7500!
To learn more, please visit:
The EPA's federal tax credit page
The IRA's vehicle credit page
and always consult a tax professional.
State of California EV RebateQualifying CA residents who purchase or lease a battery electric vehicle are eligible for a $2500 or $4500 CVRP "California Vehicle Rebate Program" based on the qualifications below.
For the Standard CVRP Rebate ($2500), annual household income must be at or below the income caps listed below
- $150,000 for single filers
- $204,000 for head-of-household filers
- $300,000 for joint filers
- Household Size of 1 Combined Household Income must be less than $36,420
- Household Size of 2 Combined Household Income must be less than $49,380
- Add $12,960 for each additional person in household (based on 2018)
Click here to learn more, and always consult a tax professional.