2021 Nissan Altima Reviews
For 2021, Nissan has given some serious upgrades to its reliable and comfortable midsize sedan, the Altima. For one thing, the Altima now has an all-wheel drive capability for the 2.5L engine option, if you’re interested in taking your car on rugged terrain or through inclement weather. There are also upgrades to the engine, interior, and safety features. Critics are loving all of these upgrades, and Nissan of Torrance has compiled some of what top reviewers are saying about the 2021 Altima. For the purposes of this guide, we’re technically taking a look at the popular Nissan Altima SL trim, but most of the features that critics refer to are available on all trim levels.
Nissan Altima SL Review: Engine & Performance
The 2021 Nissan Altima comes with two engine options and five trim levels. You can choose from the standard 2.5L 4-cylinder engine, which comes with optional all-wheel drive capability and gives you 188 horsepower, or the turbocharged 2.0L 4-cylinder, which offers up to 248 horsepower. Let’s take a look at what some top critics are saying about the Altima’s performance:
- U.S. News & World Report has praise for the Altima’s fuel economy and continuously variable transmission, calling the fuel economy “great for a midsize car” and noting that the transmission is “responsive and pairs well with each engine.”
- Car & Driver also has high praise for the Altima’s gas mileage, writing that both engines boast “lofty EPA fuel-economy ratings and even better real-world results.” They even refer to the all-wheel drive configuration’s fuel economy as “eye-popping” compared to the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry!
- Kelley Blue Book loves the Altima’s “gutsy” turbocharged 2.0L engine option as well as the 2.5L engine’s all-wheel drive capability. They write that the turbocharged engine gives drivers “enough muscle for some serious fun,” and the SV trim’s Active Ride Control and Intelligent Trace Control options are ideal to “optimize ride comfort.”
Nissan Altima SL Review: Features & Safety
Those looking for a safe and smooth ride for their Carson drives have reason to be excited – the famous Nissan Altima reliability is back and better than ever in the 2021 edition. Critics love the 2021 Altima’s stylish interior, safety package, and user-friendly features.
- Car and Driver writes that, when it comes to the Nissan Altima interior, “everything is a significant improvement” over previous models. They enjoy the “attractive appointments” and praise the rear seats as “very comfortable with ample legroom.”
- U.S. News & World Report loves the Altima’s safety features, ranking it as the #1 best new car for teens in its price category! They also note that the Zero Gravity seats are “among the most comfortable and supportive in the midsize car class” and the LATCH child safety connectors are “among the easiest and most versatile to use.”
- Kelley Blue Book calls the Altima’s front seats “wonderfully comfortable, well-shaped, and supportive,” and ranks the Advanced Drive Assist Display as one of their favorite features.
Discover the 2021 Nissan Altima at Nissan of Torrance!
Ready to discover what the critics are saying for yourself? Come by our dealership to take any of our available Nissan Altima models out for a test drive around Compton! You can also contact us with any questions, or if you want more information about the 2021 Altima. If you’re ready to bring an Altima home with you, check out our finance center to get started.
More from Nissan of Torrance
The Nissan Rogue gas mileage tops out at 30 mpg city, 37 mpg highway*. This represents a significant improvement over the 2021 gas mileage, perfect for new car shoppers in Gardena who want to get the most out of their drives. The Nissan Rogue MPG is just one part of the story, however. Overall,…
Are you looking to maximize your thrill in Gardena while still keeping it small in size? The vehicle for you has to be the 2022 Nissan Kicks interior. It’s a sporty small SUV with room for five as well as your groceries, but that’s only the beginning of the story. The 2022 Nissan Kicks interior…
Sporty and adventurous doesn’t have to sacrifice fuel efficiency. The 2022 Nissan Altima excels in both of these categories, providing you an incredible driving experience while still keeping you away from the pump. Gardena drivers who are looking for the maximum Nissan Altima MPG will find it here: it’s 28 mpg city and 39 mpg…